ANZCA is committed to minimising the health impact of climate change and promoting environmental sustainability, and has taken measures to reduce its environmental impact. Learn more about ANZCA’s sustainability initiatives here.
Here are some of the ways we are doing this at the #ASM22PER
• Bring your own keep cup and water bottle to Perth! Washing stations will be available, making it easier for delegates to use these whilst onsite
• Did you know for the 2019 ASM in Kuala Lumpur, not one single use plastic water bottle was served as part of delegate catering or speaker refreshments and we’re commitment to ensuring this is the case for future ASMs. Your support of this was well noted and we need your help to ensure this is upheld.
• As part of the college’s commitment to environmental sustainability we have eliminated printed registration brochures, handbooks and pocket programs from Annual Scientific Meetings (ASM).
• Providing access to the ASM scientific program virtually and promoting the onsite ASM mobile app.
• In most cases we use digital signage and where possible single use signage has been eliminated. If printed signed is required we ensure it is printed on recycled material and able to be recycled.
• The ANZCA 2022 lanyards are made from the renewable resource bamboo. Bamboo is an eco-friendly product that will break down over time.
• The plastic pockets have been treated with EcoPure®, an organic additive designed to enhance the speed of plastic decomposition in landfills.
• Recycling stations at prominent locations in the venue for lanyards and name badges.
Here are some ways you can reduce your carbon footprint
• Make sure you recycle your lanyard and name badge!
• Pack, take and use your own keep cup and water bottle to the 2022 ASM. Filtered water stations will be available throughout the healthcare industry innovation centre and also on all levels outside the main meeting rooms.
• Choose to offset the carbon emissions of your flights. Most airlines offer this for a small fee.
• Where possible, reuse hotel linen, as this will help save water.
Here are some ways our venue and suppliers working for better outcomes
• PCEC are continually bettering their operations, policies and procedures to improve their sustainability measures. To learn more about PCEC’s sustainability policy, please visit their website.
• We’ve engaged with PerthExpo Hire and have worked with them to identify more sustainable options for the healthcare industry exhibition. Some of initiatives include:
– They re-use all exhibitor booth panels from show to show
– They print all signage on corflute (which is recyclable) and the ink they use to print on the corflute is also recyclable and environmentally friendly
– Hire Furniture is re-used from show to show
– They use energy efficient LED lighting
– In regard to PerthExpo Head Offices they have solar panels on all their buildings.