The scientific program for the 2019 Annual Scientific Meeting will run from Monday April 29 to Friday May 3.
To view the scientific program please download the below PDF version. The Virtual ASM will be launched soon, so stay tuned!
Download the 2019 ASM Scientific program below
Workshops, masterclasses and small group discussions (SGDs)
Workshops, masterclasses and small group discussions (SGDs) are open to all delegates registered to attend the 2019 ASM. Unless otherwise specified, workshops, masterclasses and SGDs will be held on Monday April 29, at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC).
- Delegates may register for more than one workshop, masterclass and SGD.
- Workshop, masterclass and SGD numbers are limited and places are allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
- Workshops, masterclasses and SGDs are always well subscribed, so we encourage you to register early to secure your place.
- Facilitators may contact participants directly in the lead up to the meeting to provide background or preparatory material.
- Prices are in Australian dollars, GST is not applicable.
Please note the below workshops, masterclasses and small group discussions (SGDs) are now full:
- W02A-B Anaphylaxis: Should I give the cefazolin?
- W03A-B How can TEG/ROTEM help with managing major haemorrhage?
- W05A-B CICO
- W06A-C Cardiac arrest: Management for anaesthetists
- W07E Cardiac arrest: Stay calm and get the defib
- W12A-B Preventing and managing CICO in the obese patient – three skills that you should know
- W15A-B Videolaryngoscope assisted fibreoptic intubation (VAFI) and fibreoptic training
- W20A-B Neonatal resuscitation
- W22A Preoperative conversations with patients with obesity
- W23A-B Ultrasound guided regional techniques for the chest, abdomen and back
- W25A-B Regional anaesthesia – upper limb
- W26A-B Regional anaesthesia – lower limb
- W33A Neurotrauma for the occasional neuroanaesthetist
- W36A-B Transthoracic echocardiography for the busy anaesthetist
- W43A Ultrasonography for cricothyroid membrane
- W46A Hypnosis for anaethetists made easy
- W54A Effective Management of Anaesthetic Crises (EMAC) instructors’ workshop
- M23A Regional techniques in chest wall injury
- SGD06 Adult congenital heart disease – for non-cardiac surgery
Download the ASM 2019 workshop, masterclass and SGD summaries below
Note: Workshops ‘W08A-B Acute severe behavioural disturbance’ have now received final approval and will be proceeding.
Pre-meeting workshops – Sunday April 28, 2019
Are you returning to work? Or need to hone your skills in cardiac arrest? Or maybe regional anaesthesia is more your thing? We have you covered with a select number of workshops to run pre-meeting on Sunday April 28.
ANZCA and FPM members will automatically have their attendance accredited to their CPD portfolio in June 2019.
ANZCA and FPM CPD Program approval
This event is claimable by ANZCA and FPM CPD participants within the knowledge and skills and emergency responses categories.
Knowledge and skills activities
Lectures, breakfast and lunchtime sessions for one credit per hour.
Masterclasses, workshops and small group discussions for two credits per hour.
Emergency responses activities
Where the outline of a workshop states that the workshop satisfies an ANZCA Emergency Response CPD requirement, the workshop will be prospectively recognised as suitable to be claimed as an emergency response activity. This refers to workshops covering management of cardiac arrest, anaphylaxis, major haemorrhage or can’t intubate and can’t oxygenate.
Note: Delegates who are not participants in the ANZCA and FPM CPD program should check with their respective colleges regarding CPD.